Everybody gets them— sore throats. And everybody hates them. They're very painful, but can be treated easily with over-the-counter medications OR home remedies. Watch this informative video if you want to learn what they are, so the next time you have a cold and sore throat, you can be prepared.
There are some very important signs and symptoms to watch out for that indicate if you can self-treat or if you must see a doctor. This information is discussed in the video as well as safety tips, non-pharmacological treatments, over the counter treatments, and when it is appropriate to see your doctor.
This video is presented by Paul Tran, PharmD Candidate 2012.
1. Mackowiak, Elaine. Essentials of Nonprescription Medication and Devices. Pharmaceutical Press. Copyright 2010.
2. APhA. Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs 15th Edition. Copyright 2006.
3. Sore Throats. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. Accessed July 23, 2010.
4. Information from your family doctor. Sore throat. American Family Physician. 2006;74:1185.
5. HIV, AIDS and Oral Health. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research. Accessed July 28, 2010.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.